It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
Learn more about the Funeral Homes Kingston & Napanee families have trusted for years.
Story Of Our Kingston Funeral Homes
Wartman Funeral Home was established in 1926 after Ward R Wartman received his Funeral Director's license from the University of Toronto, Bantying Institute and that same year he purchased the Dunwoody Funeral Home in Newburgh, Ontario. After 13 years in Newburgh, Ward Wartman moved the family business to downtown Napanee in 1939 and then in 1945 to a Victorian home at 159 John St, to meet the changing needs of the Napanee and area community.
A second funeral home in Kingston Ontario was purchased in late 1939 in Kingston, on upper Princess Street near the present Grizzly Grill. This was known as the Corneluis & Wartman Funeral Service and was managed by Ward's eldest son Alvin and his wife Phyllis. Alvin joined the Air Force in late 1944, at which time the business was sold to the Cullen Family.
In 1956 Ward's youngest son Robert who had worked with his dad since 1945, bought the family business and he and his wife Norma ran it until 1988 when his son Colin and his wife Brenda bought the family business. As the needs of the community changed, so did the facilities provided by the Wartman Funeral Home. In 1991, a new facility was designed and built at 448 Camden Road, Napanee to meet those changing needs. In 2008, our new Funeral Home at 980 Collins Bay Road was built on the same floor plan providing Kingston with one of the finest Kingston Funeral Homes Faciltities in Eastern Ontario.